MIAM

MIAM

Monday 23 November 2009

Altered Board Book


This is a project I have been working on for a few weeks. It was a bit 'trial and error' as it's the first one I have done but I was quite pleased with the results. It was made as a gift for my Auntie and Uncle's Ruby Wedding Anniversary which was yesterday. I was a bridesmaid at their wedding all those years ago.

Andy and Pete had a great party to celebrate yesterday and there lots of ribald jokes about married bliss and give and take, etc. We had a superb 3 course meal accompanied by loads of booze.






















The book is one I bought in a charity shop and the pages were covered with papers (BG I think) and I added embellishments and rub-ons along the way, together with the photo's. I gave it a distressed look by sanding the edges of the book and photo's and inking the edges of the pages. The spine was made with grunge paper which I painted with a mix of acrylic paint and H20's. Finally I made a presentation box on my score board and added a nice red bow.
Hope you like it.
Fiona x

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Fiona. Your Aunt and Uncle will be thrilled with such a lovely gift.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the party went well Fiona, the book looks great in the photo's and having seen it I know how special and treasured it will be.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Fiona and a very special gift. Love your card too, you have done such a perfect job on them both.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona,
    This is absolutely gorgeous, and such a fabulous idea! I love your eme=bellishments, the heart and flowers look so pretty!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful board book and so impressive that it's your first, I bet your Auntie and Uncle were delighted with it. Glad they had a great celebration and that you enjoyed it too. Love your idea to pick one of these up from a charity shop, it's amazing what you can find sometimes. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful keepsake Fiona, I bet it will be treasured.
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!