MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 2 January 2010

Lemon and Lime

Hello Everyone,
Hope you all enjoyed the new year's celebrations and have recovered from your hangovers!! I didn't over imbibe at all this xmas, must be getting old or something........

Here is my entry for Colour Create Challenge no.35 where the theme is a very zingy lemon and lime, with the optional extra spring/summer flowers.



The leafy branch stamp is a new one I bought this week by Hero Arts and I think it will get a lot of use. I used Versamark to stamp this and went over with it very vibrant yellow and lime chalks but unfortunately this photo does not give a true representation of the colours, and they look like a sludgy green! (Roll on the summer when I can photo outdoors again) I did some faux stitching and distressing around the edges and added the gingham ribbon. The flowers are also by Hero Arts and these were again coloured with chalks. The image was cut out with nesties and layered onto another oval of lime bazzill card which had been through the swiss dots folder. One sentiment and a bit of inking around the edges later, and hey presto!

Thank you for looking and a happy new year to you all.
Fiona x

7 comments:

  1. aaahhh, I adore the lemon and lime together, very soothing...you creations have wonderful style....Happy New year!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemon and lime card is mouth-watering! Definitely has a lovely spring feel, and I'm loving those Hero Arts stamps,
    Happy New Year to you as well Fiona,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card. I just love the image and papers you have used.

    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create this week and Happy New Year !

    Hugs,

    Jo and the Colour Create DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Fiona, I LOVE that paper - it looks gorgeous! Such a pretty image too, and the stitching really finishes it off, I love it! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Fiona love those bright cheery colours,
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful makes me feel like spring(until i look out of the win
    dow)!!lol
    debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Fiona and I love your new leaf stamp! I like a lot of the new HA stamps and am trying not to look :D. Gorgeous design and I bet those chalks look even more gorgeous IRL. Speak soon and thanks for joining us at CC. Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!