MIAM

MIAM

Sunday 21 March 2010

Crafting not Cooking!

Hello,
Hope you are having a good weekend. I'm combining challenges again this week with Lili of the Valley where there is a sketch to follow,



and also Stamp Something where they are looking for distressing. I managed to use bits and pieces I haven't used for ages, such as the cherub stamp (PB) and a 'lace' backing paper which came from a Joanna Sheen pad.




The image was stamped on watercolour paper and cut out with a circular nestie. I left the paper in the nestie and inked inside it with Antique Linen D.I. I coloured the cherub with a combination of D.I.'s, watercolour pencils and a felt tip pen. The embossed border strips were a Christmas present (I don't know who makes them) and these were inked with Tattered Rose D.I. Both the mats were distressed around the edges and I used dimension tape to raise them off the card slightly. Next I inked and stickled some Prima flowers and one punched out flower, and added buttons and dewdrops. An inked up sentiment from Craftwork Cards and more inking round the edges of the card blank finished it off. I gave this card a liberal dose of Stardust Stickles, so fed up am I that it never shows up in my photo's, and STILL you can hardly see it and I took this photo outdoors!

Must get back to the kitchen now as I have friends coming for dinner this evening and a Gratin Daupinois needs prepping.

Thanks for stopping by,

Fiona x

9 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Fiona. The cherub is so cute and the colours are gorgeous.
    Your Gratin sounds yummy-can I come too? lol!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, serene card Fiona. I love the floaty soft feel you have given it with your delicate use of colour.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Fiona nice idea inking inside the nestie, Really love the flower card too especially the grass, makes a brilliant easel card!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your card Fiona - the soft colours are lovely and the embellishments look so pretty! Hope you're meal goes well, it sounds lovely! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Fiona. I love the soft colours and it is a great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

    Hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, a great image in fab colours,a great take on our sketch, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty Fiona,I love it.
    Glad your dinner party went well.

    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... what a great card!! Lovely, calming colors. Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card and wonderful take on our sketch Fiona,your image and colour combo are adorable. Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!