MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 10 April 2010

Silver and Blue

This is my entry for the Lili of the Valley challenge this week where they want to see cards using blue and silver. I used my new Leafy Swirl image by Clarity Stamps. I saw this stamp on Sarita's blog and just had to have it. I'm sure it's going to get lots of use.




I used a blue pearlescent base card and simply heat embossed the image with silver EP and then cut around the edge of the embossing. Next I cut a circular aperture on the front of the card using a small nestie. Then I cut a piece of blue mirri board to fit inside the card and cut an aperture in the same place. Before sticking the mirri board down, I held it in place and traced around the aperture with a pencil. Then I stamped BIRTHDAY WISHES by Personal Impressions in this space and embossed it, again with silver EP, and then stuck the mirri board down onto the inside if the card, with the sentiment showing through the aperture in the mirri board.




Lastly I added some ribbon (recycled from an old birthday card) which I tied in a knot, and a silver flower.

Need a bit more practise with this type of card as I didn't quite get the stamped sentiment centrally aligned in the aperture. However, I don't mind that it is not 100% perfect, it shows it is hand-made.


Enjoy your weekend and thank you for looking.

Fiona x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona. Lots of gorgeous creations since my last visit. I especially enjoyed your 'chocolate ' creation.
    This swirl stamp is stunning, such a great impression too. The silver and blue work so well together.
    Hope you enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning Fiona! I love the silver and blue together, so striking and the embossing looks beautiful! Have a great weekend. :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Fiona, this is absolutely stunning! It is so lovely to see something done with the stamp that is a bit different, and I love how you've created the edge of the card with the swirl. The circle aperture is lovely too,
    Fab fab card and thank you for the mention!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous honey, love the image you have chosen it looks fab, great take on the colour combo too, thanks for joining us at "Lili of the valley Challenge" big hugs Pops

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, Fiona. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. I do appreciate every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!