MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 20 August 2011

A Happy Accident

What to do for this morning's new challenge ? I had a think and then another and then remembered that I needed a card for my Uncle who is having an operation later this week. Being a very rural sort of bloke I thought a certain stamp of mine would fit the bill, and even better I had it all stamped up and coloured. It was abandoned several weeks ago during the 'Something with Legs' challenge, and although it got lobbed across the room in disgust because the card just wasn't coming together, I did have the foresight to save it. I'm glad I did now as this is what I have created with it for Less is More's challenge, Things that Move and it also qualifies for Casual Friday's latest challenge - embossing.

(click for detail)

The image is by Crafty Individuals and was stamped with Versafine, clear embossed and coloured with soft pencils, I added some twine and attached a dangling greeting by Hero Arts.
Must shake a leg now as on the late shift today, thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments. I do enjoy reading them all.

Fiona x











































25 comments:

  1. Great card for a gentleman, your coloring is fantastic! Glad you save the image piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing card - love that chicken stamp - hope the op goes well

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Fiona... aren't you glad you don't throw things away!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card - love those chickens ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely card, well done,
    Have an nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image, lovely card.
    JO x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the contrast of your bold card stock and the subtly coloured image. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card.So glad you saved this image, it`s fab and makes a great card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the image! A great colourful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect stamp for a guy card! Love that image~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, I love the image. Well done for saving it! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those chickens and the blue card really makes the image pop!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, I love the colouring!
    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thsi is FAB Fiona, see no need to lob lol
    Knew Chrissie would love the chickens
    All the best to your Uncle

    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great stamp. I'm sure it will bring a smile to your uncle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love that image and it makes a super card. I'm sure it will be much appreciated, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you did not throw this one away. Love it for both of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous stamp lovely card XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card, glad you saved the image, this looks great. Hope all goes well for your Uncle
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, it's a good thing you saved that image, 'cos it looks fab here.
    The twine is the perfect embellie too.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card! And lovely soft colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fab card, love those chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, I love this! I really like chickens, and yours are so cute. And that little dangling sentiment is so clever! Thanks for that fab idea!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!