MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 26 November 2011

Craft Fair Day At Last


Today saw the arrival of the long awaited for Village Craft Fair which is an annual fixture here. After Mum died in May I decided that I would like to raise some money for the Hospice that she attended weekly during the last year of her life and where she chose to die. I've never done a Craft Fair before so trying to gauge what would be best sellers was rather trial and error, however I made £75.70 so I'm fairly pleased with that.








Before I go any further I would like to thank Michelle Last, Sarah Makin and Bumblebee whose fabulous idea's I shamelessly knicked. As all the proceeds are for a very worthy charity I hope they will forgive me. Thanks also to my lovely friend Eunice, (without her borrowed crafty stash my table would've been bare) and to my aunt, Sam who kindly made the divinely scented Lavender bags, funky button brooches, felt xmas decorations and jam.




As I've been in major crafting mode since August I'm relieved that it's over, but not deterred from doing another next year, hopefully. Now, I have to crack on with my xmas cards as I am WAY behind with them. God knows when I'm ever going to get any time for housework! Bovvered?

Thanks for stopping to look,
Fiona x


6 comments:

  1. Well done you fiona, how fantastic and $70+ is brilliant. You look like you had some fab stuff to see too.
    I am off to my first Fair tomorrow! I have Gift Bags, Door Hngers, Reindeer Food, Cards, Bookmarks and Wooden Houses, so don't know how I will do, fingers crossed.
    You did so well in raising money for the hospice this would make your mum so proud of you, well done. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona! I'm so pleased you had a good day, everything on your table looks fantastic so no wonder it sold well. It's wonderful that you raised such a good amount for the hospice, I can't think of anything better to craft for. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the Craft Fair went well - what a great way to honour your mum's memory and to thank those who helped her through her last days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on making so much stuff and a decent amount of money Fiona. I hope you enjoyed the experience too? Really must get back into craft mode myself - have done nothing for ages!! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, craft fairs! I did one on Saturday too, didn't make as much as you though! Well done.

    Loved the lavender bags and your table looked lovely, I forgot to take my camera.
    take carexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done really well with this Fiona and it all looks fantastic! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!