MIAM

MIAM

Sunday 27 November 2011

One in a taxi, one in a car.

Blimey, what's come over me? Two posts within 24 hours!

I knocked up this quick card this morning for LIM's latest challenge which is
Link
A BIT OF

.
I used these stamps by Elusive Images and toyed with the idea of stamping with versamark and then embossing them with gold EP but with three images I thought there would be a very large possibility of gold speckles everywhere, (even with talc in a pop sock!) so abandoned that idea. Therefore I was forced to use the only vaguely gold ink pad I have which is Mustard Seed DI and as you can see it is less than ideal. Does anyone know of a dye based ink in a nice shade of yellow?

Anyway enough waffle, here it is.




I think I could have used my entire stash of faux gems on this card, but decided to call it a day at seventeen-it's not called 'Less is More' for nothing ! Plus, the small one's were a bugger to stick on! I also decided against using my 'we three kings of Orient are' sentiment as I thought it would be superfluous, hope you agree.

The photo is appalling 'tis true, but the battery has gone flat in the old Nikon and I've got to be at work shortly. Please forgive me.

TFL
Fiona x

15 comments:

  1. Hey hun, this is gorgeous - and what an inspired idea! Know what you mean about Mustard Seed, it is a little on the bright side, but it looks gorgeous here. Scattered Straw might have worked too. Love what you have done. Will try and play with this one in a bit. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's blingalicious! Well done on stopping at 17!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!
    I was going to use these stamps as well because the bling suits them so well! Great card...and I agree- it doesn't need We Three Kings....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I that Mustard Seed is just fine and the bling is perfect - no sentiment needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, these crown images are super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulosu card Fiona
    Love those crowns
    Stampin Up colours are fabulous, whatever the shade
    thanks so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab Fiona and you are right, it doesn't need a sentiment!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fab crowns and bling! Had to laugh at the talc & pop sock! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simple perfection as it is Fiona and I think the golden yellow is a pretty good colour too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both lovely posts Fiona! I have these stamps but wasn't sure which set they belonged in - now I know! Love your idea for reindeer poo, might use that one to make a few more - easier than decorating tins!
    Much Love
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea Fiona! I love your crowns with their jewels and I think it would be fine with or without the sentiment. I think your crowns look great but if you're looking for a subtle gold I recommend Stampin' Up River Rock. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was just about to say Scattered Straw, but I've noticed that Squirrel has told you that! It's not such a bright yellow - as I learnt from experience!
    The yellow's a little bright but it works still, lovely image too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha, you're so funny xx and I love your card, pure elegance. I agree about those small gems, most of mine seem to be stuck forever on the wood floor but they never stay put on a card :D! Love Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!