MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 10 December 2011

Snow joke

...making a one layer card with the theme "LET IT SNOW" but this is what Chrissie and Mandi have asked us to do this week. I really wanted to create something a bit different today and thought about acetate but quickly abandoned that idea as near on impossible with one layer. Next, I thought about a never used snowflake stamp, but quite a few LIMette's have used this idea already, and then I remembered this SU stamp from the Seasons set which has been loitering in my stash for some time.




It's also never seen ink before, probably as it's so bloody small! My colouring skills are somewhat limited but hopefully you can see some detail. As the image is so petite I made a miniature card cut with nesties Labels One and embossed around the image with a smaller Labels nestie. It was coloured with water colour pencils and glitter added as a finishing touch. IRL there is more of a blue wash around the tree but this is very pale and has not been picked up by the camera or it's operator!
So as you can see, it's not very different but at least it's a never seen before stamp.

Crafting aside, I've been making other things this week as I've had a bit of a baking sesh. A ginger cake here....


and a new recipe today - Mary Berry's Apple Dessert Cake.........



.......which came out better than expected.

Enjoyed Strictly tonight, but whoever writes Brucie's script should really get the push.

ttfn and thanks for looking.
Fiona x


27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I wont have time for cards these next few weeks. I too am busy baking etc for Christmas - it is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card... absolutely fabulous!! hmmm... your cakes look yummmy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card - so pretty with the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card and the cake...... Cut me a slice quick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, your card is very pretty, I love the embossing and the glitter... your cake is looking delicous
    Thanks for leaving me a kind comment on my blog
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card Fiona and I love that little image and your water colouring, the sparkle too is gorgeous. Your cakes look delicious, I don't imagine they're going to be around for long :D. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona

    What a cute little image love your card for LIM - very sweet. I didn't managed to make a card last week to join in but gonna try harder this week!

    I too enjoyed strictly tonight so glad that we saw a couple of 40 scores too!! Roll on tomorrow for the results show...

    Take care

    Hugs

    Tina
    PS Your bakes look totally scrummy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona, Those cakes look absolutely scrummy! The card's great too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fiona, oh wasn't Strictly just fabulous this evening? I loved every minute of it and sat clapping at the telly like a complete loon!!
    Love your cute card and love the glitter for the photo you've taken of it - very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a tiny card Fiona and I think yours is just gorgeous! I love the beautifully coloured image and just the right amount of glitter. The cakes look pretty gorgeous too! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just FAB Fiona
    Simply perfect!
    I agree about Bruce. He is amazing for his age, but, the do him no favours with what they get him to say huh!

    Many thanks
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I really love the scene inside the glitter frame.
    Your cakes look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little scene and so pretty with the glitter~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a good idea to use this winter season's tree. It looks super!
    Thanks so much Fiona!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOur card is lovely - perfect use of this small stamp. YOur cake looks fabulous and I TOTALLY agree about Brucie's script writer!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Small but beautiful, a really great card !x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card - so delicate and pretty.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have that stamp! I did some last year using white ink stamped onto red card, it looked lovely. Never thought about colouring it in before.
    How come you never brought cakes into DCS then?
    Jakix

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the shape of your card and your wee lil' snowman...very cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. I love the sparkle and the touches of color surrounded by all that white space. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute card! I love the shape and the framing of your little image. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the name of your blog-so aptly descibes my card making atm. Love the freshness of your card too-sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute little card Fiona! Love the baking too, that Mary Bery Apple cake looks devine. I have one of her books on my christmas list, I hope this cakes in there!!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. Isn't it great to get some use out of smaller stamps? I did the same this week and picked out the tiny snowflakes (though not as tiny as yours!) out of a generic Christmas stamp set. I really like the touch of glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your cute little snow scene! The blue around the tree and the glittered edge is perfect!
    ps. can I come round for dessert?

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!