MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 13 October 2012

Climb On The Back And We'll Go For A Ride In The Sky

Another card for LIM and this week the theme is 'Wings'.   My first thought was to use an angel image but when I looked at her, she looked rather....well, like she'd had a heavy night on the tiles and not at all ethereal.  Not the required look for a CAS card at all !  So I settled on these doves from the same Hero Arts set.  Correction, I should say 'dove' as there is only one stamp therefore I had to stamp it on acetate initially and then apply the acetate face down onto the cardstock to reverse the image in order to get a pair. Not an easy procedure as you can see....



I heat embossed all the stamped images, shaded the doves with grey watercolour pencils and then cut around them and mounted them on dimensional tape. I made a banner and added some bakers twine and a couple of faux pearls. The sentiment is also Hero Arts.
Here is the finished article.




The days are getting chillier and until this morning I had resisted turning on the central heating.  My garden is looking rather tired now but I took these snaps of a few late blooms this week before the frost gets to them.



Hope you all have great weekends, I've got two night shifts to look forward to.  C'est la vie. 

ttfn xxx 

Edit: Doh! I've just realised that the LIM challenge is one layer, what an idiot!  Will have to delete my entry, oh well at least I've made another xmas card.  

6 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card, worth all the effort!
    Your flower photos are so beautiful, and thanks to you, I have Jet on my internal jukebox!
    Hope the night shifts aren't too knackering. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.I like how you don't overdo your cards.They're simple,effective and really good!
    I'm chronic for not reading instructions properly....but I'm sure an extra card never goes astray!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, what a shame you can't include it but whoever get's it will be very happy!
    Loving the floral collage! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less is more? How much effort went into that minimalistic card?

    I think it's absolutely beautiful and if you entered it into my competition you would win first prize

    Jakix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona, check the LIM page! You and I are both September winners!! Isn't that cool?!

    LOVE your card! There are Christmas challenges who would love to see such a beauty linked. And the garden pictures are right up my alley - awesome!

    Have a wonderful day!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a brilliant card Fiona - love the technique for getting the pair of doves and I love them holding up the banner in a very Disney way! (They'll be running up a frock out of the curtains next!) But also I've just seen that you're a winner over at LiM so the Diva and Lady LiM obviously recognise your genius! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!