MIAM

MIAM

Friday 19 October 2012

Teen Spirit

Here's a slightly tongue in cheek card for my niece Emily who'll be thirteen next week.  Much to her parents annoyance she prefaces nearly every sentence with the word 'like',.... it's SO like, American!  She has been going on about this birthday for like... a year and is very excited about being a teenager.  

I followed CAS(E) This Sketch's current sketch




 and came up with this. 



I used XCut dies, Woodware star punch, faux bling, corner chomper and a cuttlebug embossing folder, the sentiment was computer generated.  All papers came from my stash and I tried to match them to the colours of Em's newly decorated bedroom, "It's like, SO cool!"   I'm sure I didn't have as much enthusiasm for life when I was her age!

The weather's been grim today so I stayed at home to avoid the rain, but earlier this week out walking, I managed to capture some colour.




Have a good weekend all.
xx  

14 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Fiona which really made me smile and is sure to be a big hit with your niece.
    Totally gorgeous photos too and lucky you to see such lovely flowers as most of those here have disappeared.
    Have a great weekend too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like, that card is, like, fantastic! Have a fabbo weekend! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Fiona, I get to be the first to say, like, Emily's card is, like, SO, like, spectacular!!

    You've nailed the sketch and, as always, your photos are extraordinary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona what a FUN teen card! LOVE it!!! The embossed heart is very COOL. So glad you played along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily's card is absolutely fantastic, you'd make a killing if you sold those, I'm sure!
    Gorgeous floral collage despite the atrocious weather.
    Hope you survive work and manage the gig. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect card for a teenager Fiona - you are quite possibly a genius! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know teenagers, don't you??! It's perfect! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona, you speak teenager! I love it, great design. May need to CAS this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vix is right, that cards so, like, marketable right now! It's brilliant.
    My eldest (who's ten) speaks like that too, drives me NUTS.
    Beautiful beautiful photos, Fiona. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect card for your neice Fiona & I love that sentiment! Sorry I haven't been by for a while but as you read on my blog, I'm taking a break while I explore new things. You seem to have hit the nail right on the head by agreeing with my need to get away from cardmaking & yes, no doubt I'll come back to it. Your pics are gorgeous & there's still so much colour around this time of year.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  11. me again, forgot to say thanx for your lovely comment on my crafts & cards. The little felt shapes are so quick & easy to make & there are loads of ideas out there on the net. Good luck with your craft fair when the time comes.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pics! :))

    Would you like to follow each other?:)
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL perfect teen speak! Love the heart and that bold sentiment :)Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!