MIAM

MIAM

Sunday 21 April 2013

Boot Fair Bits and a Birthday Card

The bloody cat was prancing about on my bed at seven 'o clock this morning, after trying to ignore her for fifteen minutes and because I needed a wee I decided to give in and got up to feed her.  Never one to waste a bargain hunting opportunity, I decided as it was so early, to head off to a local boot fair.  It was fairly heaving when I got there shortly after eight thirty, no doubt due to the fine weather but I managed to get these bits. 


  Set of wooden drawers £2,  
 Mrs Henderson Presents DVD £1
 Set of The Times crossword/SuDoku puzzle books 50p

At last Spring seems to have sprung, and not before time either!  My daffs have finally bloomed, the trees are heavy with blossom  and the sun's been shining. 


I've been busy in the garden this weekend tackling the random turds found in the undergrowth that was the lawn, before mowing.  Lovely, thanks for sharing that.... I hear you say.   Don't mention it! 
I have had time though to whip up this card for LIM's current challenge which is to CASe one of the designs featured here.  I'm also linking to CAS-ual Friday where their current challenge is Birthday Bash.



I need a few blokey type cards for my stash and thought these colours were masculine enough. I followed Jen's design fairly closely and die cut a label for the stamped SU sentiment.  One of the pennant tails was embossed in a folder. Finally I added some wonky dots around the edge with a Sakura souffle pen! I won't tell if you don't. 
Gotta go now and watch last week's The Village before tonight's episode.

Have a great week and thanks for looking.
xx 

23 comments:

  1. This is fab and I never noticed any wonky dots... in fact that was what drew me to your card that dotty look is really eyecatching! and the perfect male card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Fiona, love it!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, have had the old turd in the grass problem myself this weekend. I thought I was being very helpful cutting my Mum's front grass for her then I hit the motherload of cat turd with the blades. Yikes, it was horrible!! And it's not even Mum's cat that had done it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the LIM card. It's always handy to have a few masculine cards on hand. I almost always have a lot of "girly" cards...but never enough manly cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card's a stunner! I was very envious going to work [past the boot sale signs this morning, glad the cat kindly woke you so you were able to go and score, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh lovely boot sale goodies! Are you going to pimp the drawers? Well done for the card and the turd tackling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Booty scores, lovely flowers and a beautiful card! Well done Prudy for waking you up early (naughty puss!) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fiona this is stunning

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card and I love all the dots! I find male cards so hard but yours is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya and looks like you had a good day for a bargain! Love your card, the colours are gorgeous and your photo's make me believe it really is spring :D! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab CASE of jen's card, Fiona!! the photos of your garden are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card, dots look good to me! Top drawers too, have you plans for them? Gorgeous pics of sunny yellow flowers in your garden. So wonderful to see some colour and feel some warmth...dealing with turds obviously not so wonderful! Discovered at the weekend that our cat has been using the raised veg patch as a giant litter tray! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, Fiona. Good find on the chest of drawers. I found a similar wooden set of drawers (Ikea) in a neighbour's recycling box recently (!). I covered the drawers with old wallpaper scraps and it looks rather luvverly even if I say so myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wonky dots don't look wonky to me, it's a great CASe of Jen's card and your bargains were very well spotted. Those drawers were a steal at £2!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant CASE Fiona - I love the way you matched your blue dots to the main panel! Congratulations on being the LiM winner for March - couldn't happen to a lovelier lady! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh and v.jealous of those wooden drawers. £2?! Faints... Vx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want that set of drawers! Why don't I ever find anything like that at boot sales?!

    A perfect blokey card - I love those colours together.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card and fab post, as ever, Fiona! Well-deserved honor to you on being the March winner at LIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That wooden drawer!!!! That's perfect for craft organization :P

    I love your masculine birthday card. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous LIM card Fiona, more bargains too I see. Lovely Spring flowers , ours are all out now also, we have cowslips I just love them :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool card. Love the color combo! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun! I think it works for either a man or a woman (that's tricky to do!). The dots around the edge are a great detail. Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!