MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 11 May 2013

Commemorative Corner

There hasn't been much going on at Muddle Towers lately, nothing noteworthy anyway and I haven't felt like blogging until today.
But Kylie has had the brilliant idea of creating a link so that we can all share our vintage nooks and crannies! ....Ooerr possums.

Here's my china cabinet which was a gift from my parents and stores my collection of royal commemorative china. I don't think it has any great age but it was the perfect size and has a slight deco design. I'm not really a royalist and I can't remember why I started collecting the china apart from Mum had a few bits which I liked and I thought it was something that depicted our British heritage, you could also pick up bits and pieces fairly reasonably.  I've never been one to be put off buying something just because it has a crack or a chip if I like it. I've gone off the collecting habit now and haven't bought anything new for years but still like to display the china in the corner of my sitting room.  









I've got other old bits and pieces knocking about such as these cameras.  The oldest one was my grandad's and the more modern one was my first serious camera which I bought in 1979.



I also collected old bottles for a while,  I don't display all of my collection but like a few around the place.  The green one was a gift from my brother and SIL and has a company name (the same as my surname) embossed on it.
The Welsh offertory box was bought years ago at a junk shop.



Pop on over to Kylie's and grab yourself some inspiration.   Don't forget, I showed you mine, so...... 

15 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoyed seeing your corner of your home. I like your royal collection, my mum is English and she too likes to collect royal memorabilia. I like your ink bottles too, and how great to find a bottle with your surname, what a thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fiona, I love your knick knack cabinet. The lacy cloths and the royal bits and bobs are just magnificent. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet is a real beauty, and look at all that commemorative, what a lovely display.
    I really like the Welsh collection box - do you think a translation would reveal threats of hell fire and brimstone if the parishioners don't pay up? No, surely not... The bottles are great too, especially the green one with your name on and the Virol marrow fat (though I would pass on the contents...) rather taken with yourngrandad's fancy camera toolbox at the brass fittings!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend, Fiona. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how lovely they look. Are there any you 'need' to complete the collection? My mum had a few and none of us have room for them so they sit in a box in the attic at my dads... xx (p.s. Hers were displayed on a G plan cabinet which didn't work as well as your dainty cupboard!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your style all that beautiful vintage ceramics and that stylish cabinet. Your home looks beautiful and full of taste

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona, I love all your nooks and crannies, or as Loo calls them, your bits and bobs. The pale commemorative china looks lovely against the dark wood of your parents old cabinet. It's very nice that it's still in the family. I love the way you've lined the shelves with that lovely, vintage white linen too. Are those beautiful brown pottery 'vases' really old bottles? I have never seen bottles like those before, they're gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our linky Fiona, I'd love to see more of your home one day (hint, hint) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Fiona,

    I love your "family corner". If furniture have a history that is a part of your own, it is always magic.
    The cameras are wonderful, too.
    Greetings, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your commemorative collection is lovely, and I really like your cameras. My daughter collects them too. The Welsh collection box is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your commemorative china looks perfect in the cabinet - really stands out, and just the right amount too I think. I've a lovely, rather battered cabinet my gran gave me, but it's seriously overcrowded! Wish I could stop collecting! Love the interesting Welsh box too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello fiona...so nice to have found you....Thanks for your lovely comment at mine....Isn't this linky thing fab....trotting round looking at everyones houses?

    I really admire how you have displayed your collections lace and flowers are the best finishing touches....you old camera is my fave...

    Bestest weekend wishes to you and yours

    Daisy j xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your vintage cameras and the last pictures with the crate and ink bottle is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of interesting bits n pieces. Love the bottles and your royal collection is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great collections...thanks for the peek into your little home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very lovely Little corner cabinet and love all the regal china....ooh!! Thanks for your lovely comments over at mine it's so lovely to see other peoples little vintage treasures. Xo
    P.s. you take lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are lovely to show us your bits Fiona! I'm astonished about your royal china collection... LOVe those gorgeous earthenware jars and ooh, imagine a jar of Virol for lunch! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!