MIAM

MIAM

Sunday 4 May 2014

Scavenger Hunt - April

I'm fashionably late again for Scavenger Hunt.  I found some of the April subjects more difficult than they first appeared.  Carry for instance...trying to photograph folks going about their everyday business without looking like a stalker was challenging, you learn to be sneaky.  Smooth was another toughie, I'm afaid I copped out on that one, maybe I'm just not very imaginative?  I'd love to hear what you think about this month's photo's.


A is for 


 Aubretia



11am


cake and crochet at Stitch & Bitch




Smooth

...according to the label


Scale


my niece practicing a scale for her grade II piano exam

Tile

on a washstand at a local auction house


Logo

 Spend a little, live a lot

Scrap

at my local yard


Match
  




Path



Layers

 four layers in my trifle



Carry
  I took this picture (my most boring ever?) of a council street cleansing operative on my way home from night shift.

Truck

 1963 Chevrolet C10


As always, thanks to Greenthumb for hosting, you can see other
 link up's and May's list here.  










































































































15 comments:

  1. Fiona, your photos are always wonderful. I think the scavenger hunt prompts can be tricky, I wouldn't have a clue half the time! Favourites this time are that gorgeous aubretia against the old wall, the pretty tile, the blue sky matching the blue on the Aldi sign (neat!), the oh-so-inviting path (great gate), and those trifle layers!
    Hope all is well - you were missed yesterday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices - especially the layers in the trifle!! It looks delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your photos were great and your interpretation was original. We all choose such different themes for the word. I loved the angle you took the logo of Aldi. But for me, your choice for 'scale' was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab photos ... I'm not sure if having prompts would make the photo taking harder or easier ... But I'm sure it makes it fun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo for Path, love the gate. I do like your scavenger hunt photos, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, love the match and layers.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  7. they certainly make you think those prompts - really like scrap and path and I'm loving 11am! The aubretia does look pretty by that old mottled stone wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos and interpretation of the categories! Love the aubretia and the cricket match, makes me excited for summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of photos, I really like how you composed the photo for path.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great collection. I'd love to join your for your 11am break as it looks so tempting as does the trifle. I really like the cricket match (I had thought of sport but couldn't find a football match, no cricket over here) and had a similar idea for scale but no pianist to oblige. The old truck is a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic pictures! It's so fun how everyone interprets Match and Scale so differently.

    Your 11AM looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, don't know if it accepted my comment. Maybe I'll write something different this time, then.

    I love the aubretia and also Path - so pretty. And I'd love a piece of your 11AM cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you do a great job interpreting these somewhat abstract titles. My faves are the aubretia, the inviting gate leading to a country church and of course the cake. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn blogger ate my comment like i want to eat that trifle. Love the aubretia, the country gate scene and all the food basically! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!