MIAM

MIAM

Friday, 28 April 2017

Five On Friday - A Very Ordinary Week

 It's FOF time and yet again I don't have much to say.  I am happy to report that Sandy, my foster cat has now left me for his 'fur'ever home and is doing well.  I'm missing having him around but I'm sure there'll be a new furry visitor soon enough.  Anyways with no exciting happenings to share I'm posting a brief synopsis of my week, head on over to Tricky's FAST blog to check out more FOF's.


Sunday
Following a night shift that finished at 6am I struggled out of bed at 11 and one mug of tea later shot into town for some shopping.  Having entered the multi-storey car-park I was pissed off to find that they are now charging on a Sunday!  First stop was Poundland. 

 I'm off across the channel soon and scooped up a few items that'll be useful. 

The Coppertone sun tan cream was only 50p...wondering now why I didn't buy two!


These jeans I scored in a charity shop for £4 will be coming too.



 And I invested in some new cosmetics at Boots.  


I saw this two step mascara advertised in a magazine.  First you apply one end...a seemingly normal mascara, then use the other end which adds fibres to give mega (clumpy) lashes.  So far I like it, not cheap though at £10.99. 

Later on I finished this mini cat blanket...I'm finally starting to make serious inroads into my yarn stash!





Monday
 You can see below that I'm very lazy about my hair and only have some dark low-lights put in every few months....January 3rd was the last time!  However I've noticed the barnet is getting badger-like faster and faster....(quelle surprise, I am knocking on the door of fifty five) so it was off to Gorgeous, the local hairstylist, that I went.

 Making me gorgeous is a tall order these days, I didn't lose all my grey but they've made me more presentable for a while.

Jesus!...I look like Dumbo in these pics.


Tuesday

A pub lunch at The Red Lion with my octogenarian friend Pauline.  We were so busy yakking that I forgot to take a photo of the two of us. 



Wednesday
Was extremely busy!  In the morning I swung by my regular Knit and Natter group, where Gilly was celebrating a big birthday.  We had a whip round and bought her a clematis which bears her name, the label said  'good in all positions' which she declared was just like her!

  Next stop was my French lesson and later that evening my friend Jill came over for dinner.  As usual.. too pissed busy nattering to remember to take a snap!

Thursday

Saw me occupied with packing for my forthcoming trip to France.


Politically, the French are going through turbulent times with a general election looming and  the two mainstream parties not in the running for the first time since the sixties. Here's Brit comedian Paul Taylor, a regular on French TV, sharing his thoughts on La Politique. 
(If you're offended by the F word, I suggest you give it a miss)


à bientot  (my computer is objecting to the circumflex!) et bon weekend!


25 comments:

  1. Lovely Five on Friday! Your blanket looks wonderful. I'm so glad your foster cat found his furever home even if it does mean leaving yours.

    Happy Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks pretty and light, your ears are pretty too :) Wishing you a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you should have bought two!

    I use the same blusher as you. I've tried that mascara and found it a pain the you know where so I use a L'Oreal Miss Manga one now, which is pretty good and is about the same price - although last time I bought it it was on offer for 7.99 - I should have bought two...

    I love your cat blanket; such lovely colours.Glad your foster cat has been re-homed. My yarn stash is now down to 4 storage boxes - it was 5.

    Your knit and natter lady sounds like a right laugh. I hope I'm just as on the ball when I'm 80!

    Your hair is looking fab although I loved the grey, too. Your ears do grow as you get older but yours was a close up and of course make them look bigger than they actually are.

    How exciting for you to be going away - I hope you have a fab time!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica
      It's the first time I've bought that blusher and it's quite impressive for a cheapy. I've still got three baskets of yarn to get through so there'll be a few more crazy coloured cat blankets yet! xx

      Delete
  4. Since I'm not easily offended, I watched the video and now I have tears from laughing so hard (also nice to get my mind mostly off the messed up politics of my own country for a moment). Your day by day Five on Friday is my favorite kind of post to read. Hope you have a wonderful trip (and your hair looks lovely).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, you're so kind. Glad you liked WTF France, check out his other videos.

      Delete
  5. Paul Taylor, je ne le connaissais pas, mais comme il est drôle! Mais la politique belge est encore plus absurde! Je te souhaite un week-end très agréable, et bon voyage! xxx P.S. Good to hear Sandy has found a home, but I bet you'll miss him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Ann, oui il me manque. (hope that was right, 'manquer' is a bugger as it's the reverse of what we say of course) Glad you liked the video. Bon weekend. X

      Delete
  6. I hope you have a great trip! The hair looks great and I love the kitty blanket :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Sandy is doing well. Hope the trip is an enjoyable one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Sandy has settled in his new home. It looks like you have had a busy and enjoyabe week. Have a wonderful trip to France:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear that Sandy's found a deserving home after your love and kindness!
    That was a busy week. You scored big time in Poundland. I'm going to get some of those Pest Shield thingys and pop them in the India bag.
    That mascara sounds interesting. I've got that blusher and it's brilliant.
    The jeans are super cool, I love the big turn-ups.
    The Knit and Natter lady looks a right laugh and I'd loved to have seen a photo of you and your other mate.
    Loving the hair!
    Have a fantastic trip. I'll be thinking of you when I watch Spin later! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know how efficacious (did I spell that correctly) the insect killer is. Liking the new blusher... and btw I found the radiance cream! Spin is excellent but I do wish Monsieur Prèsident would get a haircut. Xx

      Delete
  10. A busy week and yet you still found time to blog, I take my hat off to you! Must be hard to say goodbye to a foster pet, but at least he is off to a forever home. Great bargains too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad the cat has its furever home!!!! Your hair is nice and you are definitely are not Dumbo!Your packing is super neat!!! Mine is usually a messy scrunch- I do hope you have a lovely time in La France!!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems that you are ready for the trip and your hair colour looks good ! I can't here the word France anymore, from morning till evening they talking about France, more even here in the French speaking part then when there are the Belgian elections anyway to be so stupid to vote for Le Pen, I just can't believe it. Fortunately my French friends think the same way I do ! I am happy that the biggest part of my life is behind me, Trump in the USA, Brexit in the UK and now Le Pen in France ?? I move to Egypt, at the red sea, there at least it is peaceful and the sun shines the whole year around, lol ! I will go there on Tuesday, only for a week, sigh !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgot to watch the video it is just hilarious !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good news Sandy has his forever home, hoping you have another cat soon. Cats are such fascinating creatures, I love them. All the best for your holiday! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful trip to France, it looks like you are prepared for all eventualities! I love the picture of Gilly, she looks like a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are having a great time in France and that you are not spending all of your time using that large container of caravan cleaner I noticed in your suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVED reading about your week. Ugh. I need to get sunscreen for my pasty white skin. And BTW, your hair looks great!!! But that video at the end had me laughing so hard. Which is very unsettling because the morons in my beloved America voted for the biggest piece of shit on earth. I hate Trump. I'm hoping the French aren't as moronic as the citizens of the USA. Marine is the female trump. Don't get me started!! Cathe from Atypical60!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. Glad you liked WTF France. I will be in France on election day...it's gonna be interesting! Le Pen seems to be gaining on Macron ...if the polls are to be believed. X

      Delete
  18. Good luck to little Sandy...she is about to start a new life! Cats are funny guys ( and so pretty! )

    A fortnight in France sounds a great holiday...
    P.S.
    Great hairstyle too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know, I think you made it too easy for them at Gorgeous being so good looking to start with!
    What a great Five on Friday post, thank you so much for participating, I apologise for being so late getting round to everyone's blogs, we had so much going on that I just didn't get a chance, I hope you understand. All the Best - Tricky

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!