MIAM

MIAM

Friday, 26 May 2017

Photo Scavenger Hunt - May


I'm so pleased to have recently stumbled upon another Photo Scavenger Hunt, this time at
 I live,I love,I laugh ..... and I've enjoyed looking for subjects from Hawthorn's May list. Here's my choice.




Glass

l
Taken at the cathedral of Notre Dame, Fontenay le Comte, France.

 
Green

 The village green at Godstone, Surrey taken on a frosty February morning.


Avocado

 Residing in the fruit bowl for far too long, this one was almost on the turn!
 With smoked salmon and a wedge of lemon it made a tasty... and healthy lunch.


Silhouette

I shot this in my village during early spring on my way home from a night shift. 


Bark 

Looks like woodworm have made their home here. 


Stitch

 I thought a blurry image was more interesting than one in focus for this shot of my friend Juliette crocheting...she agreed to be photographed only on the proviso that I would not show her face!


Modern

 The Selfridges Building in Birmingham was completed in 2003 at a cost of £60 million,
the facade is covered with 15000 anodised aluminium discs.


Suitcase

These second-hand suitcases were displayed outside a vintage shop....again in Birmingham.


Time 

Legend has it that the number of breaths it takes to blow off all the seeds of a dandelion head that has gone to seed, is the hour number. 

If blowing seeds is not your idea of telling time, consider this:

"The dandelion is called the rustic oracle; its flowers always open about 5 A.M. and shut at 8 P.M., serving the shepherd for a clock." 
source



Wave 

This guy was busy videoing his mate who was riding the waves off the coast of
St Gilles Croix de Vie, France.




I'm off to check out the other scavenger hunters and next month's list .
Have a great weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, I am so pleased you joined in - you have a lovely selection of photos and vignettes :) I knew about telling the time by blowing the dandelion 'clock' but didn't know about the 5am - 8pm shepherd opening and closing hours, I will have to go and have a look! I think my favourite is your friend's busy blurry hand - love the movement in the photo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection Fiona & I've found it so interesting to see which words everyone chose. I think we've all used a few the same, but with such different photos. Think my favourites of yours are the dandelion clock, the modern building (amazing, though expensive) and the silhouette. Thanks & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely selection of photos ,still trying to make the descision to join. I did not know about the dandelion being the shepherds clock. Love the sunset and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab selection of photos! Was the Selfridges and suitcase stack taken on our day out there? The weather that day was glorious.
    The dandelion clock and crochet photo are wonderful. As always you've got an incredible eye. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. Yes! Had to raid the archives for a few. Weather here was glorious today also.xxx

      Delete
  5. I love your choice of words. Funny how we all see things deferently. I was so obsessed wih the colour green I never thought of the village green and your dandilion clock was brilliant for Time. Never even thought of that. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photos, Fiona. I loved the stained glass; stained glass is really beautiful and I never tire of looking at it. I thought the bark was amazing and I loved your silhouette of the trees.

    My best friend's mum was buried at Godstone Church last year; what a pretty village it is.

    Hope you have a good weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vronni. Yes Godstone is pretty and just 15mins from me. There's a lovely junk shop there which I adore poking around in. xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely, lovely, lovely. So hard to select a favourite on The Dandelion clock info is new to me. I've decided! My favourite is bark. I just want to reach in and touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that village green. I wish we had something like that, pond included, around here.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some amazing shots there, Fiona. I particularly like the silhouettes of the trees (I would have stopped to take a photograph too), the bark (one of my pet subjects) and the dandelion! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous photos Fiona - and like everyone else I hadn't heard about the rustic oracle although I knew about telling the time with dandelion - long forgotten though. Your silhouette of the trees is beautiful and your friend's hands - the blurry photo was the right choice ... beautiful.
    Fil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Fiona - really like that a dandelion seed (or fluff, as Daisy calls them) looks like it's about to fly away. Very keen on sunset silhouettes and yours is beautiful, and that avocado looks delicious! Love it on toast - though am trying to cut out bread, so need to rethink breakfast.. Amazing stained glass window xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fluff is a great name for them! I've been trying Vix's breakfast of fruit, natural yoghurt sprinkled with Poundland's seed mixture...filling and tasty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great photos and interpretation, love the blurry hand shot, so full of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see you have found another scavenger hunt. :). Lovely piccies. I may just join in with one this month.x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!