MIAM

MIAM

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fanciful Things

Hello Again,

I'm back with a card that took me ages to produce, simply because I made my first attempt at 'real' stitching. Normally, I can't be arsed to get the sewing machine out as it weighs a ton, but as I was mending some trews and it was there I thought I'd give it a shot. Ha ha, three attempts later my stitching was still as straight as a dog's hind leg, and as I was in danger of running out of cardstock, I reverted to Plan B- faux stitching. This I can do.



The image came from my new Kirsty Wiseman CD-A Colour Burst of Fanciful Things as did the DP. I cut out the image with nesties and mounted onto red card again cut with nesties. I found some button stamps in my stash from See D's, and heat embossed them with white EP. A freebie sentiment from a mag and a ribbon finished it off.



I made this card with The Sunday Stamptacular Challenge in mind where the theme is 'Sew Special' I thought the image and the buttons had a dressmaking feel about them. I am also entering it into the current CAS-tastic challenge where it's 'Anything CAS'.

Back to the madhouse this afternoon, oh well, got to do something to pay for all my crafting purchases.

ttfn and thank you for looking at my efforts.
Fiona x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona,
    Came across your blog, and I just love this card. The red looks so stunning and you have stitched it too....not tried that technique yet and yet I do sew~ must try it. Lovely work. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful and elegant card this is. The combination of the small en big polkadots is super! Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fiona! I feel your sewing machine pain! LOL I too opted for Faux on my card as well...teh sewing maching turns me into a crazed lady (more so than usual!)

    Love your card. It's very simple and elegant. Great job!

    Thanks for joining us at STamptacular this week! See you soon I hope
    Hugs
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a gorgeous card.. it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this clean and simple look...so tasteful! I'm so glad you were able to join our "sewing" challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! what a lovely simple fresh card you've created! i love the simplicity of your card those little buttons are so sweet! thanks for playing at stamptacular this week good luck! hugs carlyann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, the stitching looks fab lol! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fabulous Fiona! The mannequin image is lovely and I really love the red, white and black together, so striking! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another brilliant card Fiona. I just adore the red polka dots. I got a whole stack of See D's and I always forget to use them... doh!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very pretty card - I love the stitching, you can't tell it's faux! x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!