MIAM

MIAM

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Delicious, Before & After

.....are the subjects for yesterday and today's March Photo A Day challenge. Here is 'Before & After'.


I won't bore you with the saga of my fireplace, suffice to say it went on for over 6 months and was a major headache, but last month it was finally complete. I had to make a compromise eventually but even if the fire is not what I chose initially it's a damn sight better than the original one, which was something similar to this.


I've nearly finished getting the downstairs of my house how I want it. It's only taken me 6 years but I don't like to rush these things! Just need to hang my pictures and source a few bits of furniture at an auction or suchlike and find a lightshade somewhere. ( B&Q's selection is sadly lacking.)


Onto the next shot which is 'Delicious' and here is the pudding I ate last week when I went to Cafe Rouge for lunch with a friend. They called it a micro pudding or something, it was really only two mouthfuls but Mmmmmmm.


Until next time,
xx

4 comments:

  1. Your fireplace looks so lovely, all clean and fresh and with perfectly placed objets. Unlike mine, which is completely cluttered with all sorts of crap, it's a general dumping ground!
    And that pudding does indeed look delicious - but nowhere near big enough! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! I love the shoe stays beside the fireplace and that candlestand.
    Our house is forever a work in progress, Sarah Beeney would despair!
    thanks for that lovely Thank You card, you are so clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Fiona and yes, much better than the 'before' and the 'before the before'! Talking of Café Rouge, they have a pudding called Coupe Rouge which is white chocolate ice cream, raspberry sorbet, strawberries, blueberries, cream and a fruit coulis... I died and went to heaven! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona it looks so warn and welcoming now you waited a long time but it was worth it.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!