MIAM

MIAM

Sunday 2 September 2012

A Quiet Sort Of Week

I've made a hasty entry for LIM's challenge this week, the theme being

PINK & BROWN
 Here's what I knocked up quickly this morning, I'm on nights again tonight so not much time for crafting today.  

 




I used a Crafty Individuals tree stamped with Versafine on a sponged background.  The tree was embossed with clear EP and disappointingly this caused the horizon line to show through the tree but I didn't have the time to start again and couldn't think of an idea to disguise it. (How come this never happens to Barbara Grey!!)  The sentiment was free with a magazine eons ago and punched out, the stamped panel was mounted on my card blank with dimension tape.  IRL the pink shading is much more pronounced than appears here but it's another grey day and my camera did not capture it well.

Thanks for all your comments regarding the felt flower hair clips in my last post, I've made some more and embellished them with some funky brads that lovely Elizabeth sent me.  What do you think ?  





It's been a quiet sort of week and nothing monumental has happened.  I went for a stroll with New Man in the week to 'the caff' (it's legendary round here) for brunch and took these snaps en route.  Curtise, prepare to be amazed!!  Ta dah!

Finally I have got to grips with PicMonkey, there was a bit of swearing involved...OK more than a bit actually, but I'm never going to be an IT genius so for me creating a collage was an achievement!  I know I need to add a background and rounded corners but hey, lets not run before I can walk.


Latest Gatwick Goss...... yesterday was a day for celebs as I saw Max Clifford and Martin Clunes.  One Direction were also there apparently but I missed them, much to my 12 yr old niece's chagrin.  (Wouldn't have recognised them anyway!)  

Must shoot now as nails in dire need of attention (looking tres scabby) and a home manicure is essential.  Gardening and clearing out the shed gives one terribly tatty talons you know.

Toodle pip. x

Not sure what's happened to the text spacing today, anyone know how to fix it ?    
 


23 comments:

  1. Ta Dah indeed! You'll be putting every photo you take in a collage soon, Fiona, it's highly addictive.
    Lovely card, gorgeous hair clips, and I rather fancy that breakfast at the Caff.
    Hope the nails are sorted. Those One Direction boys just look like a million other teenage boys, don't think I could pick 'em out of a line-up either!
    I have major spacing issues with Blogger too, the Preview and live version often don't match the actual spacing as I typed it. Frustrating, but I have no clue why! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona

    Love the hair clips they should prove very popular. Great selection of photo's as well. Max Clifford and Martin Clunes two nice blokes I think.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card, really like your version that is one fab tree and your landscape looks better than mine :)

    Loving the hair clips, will have to look at having a go at those. Am also loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab pix and projects and your LIM card is lush .... as to the lads from One Direstion - reckon I'd pass them in the street too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 've looked and looked but can see no horizontal line in your gorgeous card so you should have just kept shtum! !! love the collage pics and wouldn't known how to do that either... and finally love the hair clips! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, fab post Fiona! Love your LIM card and the hair clips are gorgeous! Could just eat that breakfast now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Fiona and I love the hair clips. Carole xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness!! what a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can`t see the horizon line either. It`s a beautiful card Fiona,love it.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful LIM card Fiona.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great LIM card & fab stamping. I love your pics, looks like you had a lovely walk & a cafe as well, what more could you ask for. Also loved your collage so much that I popped over to picmonkey to see what it's all about. What a fab site & free too, thanks for the mention. Those hair clips are really pretty.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dead impressed with the photo collage Fiona (and jealous too, will have to psyche myself up to have a bash as it all sounds hideously techie) Have really enjoyed catching up with your blog - happy belated birthday and I love the hairclips, they should sell like hot cakes! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, meant to say, your card is fabulous and the horizon showing through makes it look very arty. But if you don't want it to show through, stamp and emboss the tree first, then ink the sky and horizon and polish off the embossed image with a tissue. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful and so serene, wouldn't have thought of using pink like this, but want to try now. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gorgeous post, you're a real natural for this blogging lark you know :D!!

    Fantastic card, really love that colour combo and I don't see anything wrong with the horizon?

    New hair clips....absolutely gorgeous! Addition of the new brads is a master stroke and now I'm seeing black and white and polka dot brads as possibility for these. Must see if I can find some polka dot brads somewhere for you.

    Montage, well it's fantastic and what a brilliant job if you've only just started with pic monkey.

    Hope the night shift goes well. Will be at Gatters Friday but as per usual I'm sure we'll see no-one famous. I think there's an email that I haven't answered, must find it!!! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and I would never even have noticed the line! Love the hairclips too - really vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the pink and brown is lovely! I would never have thought to put them together but it really works. Your pics are beautiful too - so GREEN and lush! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, you're a great snapper! Fab pics. Your card is so lovely - really like your design of popping up the panel - and as for brayering - I gave up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards just keep getting better and better, Fi! that pink and brown one is beautiful!
    Your photos go from strength to strength, too. Loving the hair slides! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Fiona, excellent inking
    Your photos are FAB too
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous LIM card Fiona, love your other things too.Oh don't show me food like that I am on a diet lol....now I want to eat THAT grrr :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!